WEEK 5 DQ 1
“Interactive Activity: Global Business Today” Please respond to the following:
• From the e-Activity, recommend a more efficient path for Azure Sky Tea company to import the raw tea from the Indian Super-port of Halida into the U.S. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
• From the e-Activity, make a recommendation for each step of the transaction geared toward accelerating the trade financing process. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
“Licensing and Market Entries” Please respond to the following:
• Compare and contrast the main advantages and disadvantages of using licensing as a market entry tool. To support your determination, provide at least two (2) examples of companies from different countries that use licensing as a global marketing strategy.
• Analyze the fundamental ways in which keiretsu affects companies that either compete with Japan or that are trying to enter the Japanese market. Include example(s) to support your analysis.
• Go to the Interbrand Website, located athttp://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/2012/Best-Global-Brands-2012-Brand-View.aspx, and make a list on the top 13 best global brands. Be prepared to discuss.
• Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on local, international, and global brands. Be prepared to discuss.
• View the PowerPoint presentation, titled “Global Pricing”, located at http://www.slideshare.net/kvarun/global-pricing, or use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on a global company, taking note of its pricing strategy. Be prepared to discuss.
“Global Brands” Please respond to the following:
• Each year, the interbrand consultancy compiles a ranking of global brands. From the first e-Activity, compare the top 13 best global brands to the top 13 best global brands for 2010, which are shown in Table 10-2 of your textbook. Select one (1) brand that interests you, and speculate on the main reasons why the rank of this brand you selected changed or did not change.
From the second e-Activity, select one (1) local brand, one (1) international brand, and one global brand. Compare and contrast the key differences of the products of the three (3) brands you selected, and give your opinion on why they are categorized as local, international, and global.
“Pricing Strategies/Dumping” Please respond to the following:
• Suggest three (3) of the most effective types of pricing strategies and objectives available to global marketers. Provide an example or a scenario of the manner in which each pricing strategy is best used.
From the third e-Activity, analyze the key reasons why the global company that you chose uses the pricing strategy you identified. Suggest another type of pricing strategy that is more feasible and / or efficient for this company. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.
week 7 discussion
Global Retailing” Please respond to the following:
· Identify two (2) different forms of retailing discussed in this week’s lectures, and provide an example of each. Next, select two (2) popular retailers from two (2) different countries, and discuss the manner in which they successfully deploy their retail strategy to achieve business success. Justify your answer.
· Compare and contrast the key differences between typical channel structures for consumer products and industrial products. Provide an example or scenario of the basic ways in which each channel structure is clearly used.
Sales Promotion” Please respond to the following:
- Select two (2) main tools of sales promotion (e.g., sampling and couponing). Suggest one (1) strategy for using each tool in global markets. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.
- Determine two (2) issues or problems that can arise in markets in different countries when doing sales promotion. Next, suggest the manner in which you would mitigate the issues or problems you determined. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.
Digital Marketing / Four Seasons Hotel” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, recommend to the Four Season Hotel one (1) strategy that integrates digital media to improve its marketing efforts. Provide a rationale to support your recommendation.
- From the e-Activity, Ms. Helstab said. “We’ve taken a leading position in creating different kinds of engagement opportunities.” Assess the degree to which the main types of engagement opportunities based on the available digital opportunities would help the Four Season Hotel to engender business success.
WEEK 9 DQ 1
Watch the video titled “Michael Porter – on Five Forces Model” (13 min 12 s). Be prepared to discuss. Video Source: Marketing FAQ, (2011, December 15). Michael Porter- on Five Forces Model [Video file]. Retrieved fromhere. This video can also be viewed below.
Read the article titled, “Porter’s Five Forces – A Model for Industry Analysis”, locatedhere. Be prepared to discuss.
“Competitive Advantages” Please respond to the following:
Suggest the best overall method that a company may use in order to measure its competitive advantage. Provide an example to justify your response.
Discuss one (1) indicator to a firm that signals that it is either gaining or losing its competitive advantage. Include one (1) example to support your response.
“Porter’s Five Forces Theory” Please respond to the following:
From the first e-Activity, describe Porter’s Five Forces Model of industry competition. Give your opinion on how the various barriers to entry are relevant to global marketing.
From the second e-Activity, choose a global company in a competitive industry that you are familiar with, and complete each area of the Five Forces MS Excel template for the company that you have chosen. Discuss the process that led you to decide upon the chosen factors and the manner in which they align themselves with Porter’s Five Forces Theory. Note: The Five Forces MS Excel template can be found in the online course shell.
WEEK 10 DQ 1
“Organizational Development”Please respond to the following:
• Determine the top three to five (3-5) factors that lead to the establishment of an international division within an organization on the cusp of increasing its global business activities. Describe each factor that you have chosen, and rank them in the order of importance. Provide a rationale for the response.
Determine three (3) typical global marketing activities that companies should centralize at their headquarters and three (3) typical activities that they should delegate to national or regional subsidiaries. Provide a rationale to support your determination.
“McDonald’s Social Responsibility” Please respond to the following:
• From the e-Activity, evaluate McDonald’s level of responsiveness to social responsibility concerns. Include an example from your observation of your local McDonald’s to support your response.
• From the e-Activity, analyze the fundamental ways in which the three (3) dimensions discussed ( i.e., ideological, societal, and operational) afford different perspectives on corporate social responsibility for McDonald’s. Next, using these three (3) dimensions as the frame of reference, suggest a new tactic that McDonald’s could use to increase the level of responsiveness to social responsibility concerns.
WEEK 11 DQ 1
“Course Wrap-Up” Please respond to the following:
• Identify three (3) concepts from this class that you found to be of significant value. Explain the manner in which you plan to apply these concepts in your current position at work, a future position desired, or to your life.
Comment on the way(s) in which this course has synthesized your MBA course work to date.
“Reflection on the Course” Please respond to the following:
• Determine the topic(s) in this course that have changed your perception of global marketing. Justify your response.
Based on the marketing concepts you learned from this course, describe the strategies you will apply to your current career and / or business. Explain in detail and provide real-world examples.