Using a unit of instruction you have previously taught or one you want to teach this next year (if you are an administrator, or not assigned to a classroom, using the data for your school complete the assignment around an identified school target area of need as though you were developing common assessments for a grade level) you are to do the following:
- Identify state academic standards or other recognized standards associated with the unit (where appropriate for those of you who may be associated with business or the military)
- Develop specific learning targets (Mark those that are state – or other – standards)
- List all assignments and assessments associated with the unit Develop a grid sheet to demonstrate where and how the learning targets will be assessed within the unit. Indicate which assessments will be used formatively or summatively.
- Revise/develop assessments to measure learning targets that include using objective (simple and multiple choice items), interpretive exercises, essay questions, and performance based items. If you choose not to use one or more of the item formats explain why it is not an appropriate means of assessment.
- Develop rubrics/grading criteria for assessments where appropriate.
- Set up an item analysis spreadsheet for one assessment.
Submit the learning targets (identifying those that are aligned with state standards), the grid sheet, new assessments, grading criteria and or rubrics associated with the unit and the item analysis spreadsheet.
This assignment is worth 200 points