- Use the formula given using pounds and inches for finding the BMI at the end of the first paragraph for the following four intervals:
- 17 < BMI <= 22 might have a longer life span than average
- 23 < BMI <= 25 probably not overweight
- 25 < BMI <= 30 probably overweight
- BMI > 30 obese
You will use your height to plug into the formula to solve for W, the weight range that will go with each category. You may prefer to solve the formula for the variable W before plugging in values, which is fine.
- Write a two- to three-page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, do the following:
- Demonstrate your solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work.
- Explain why the computed weight ranges could be misleading.
- Choose one of the four BMI regions and express the region using set notation and interval notation. Include a simple graph of the region. Please see the example for some ideas of how to do this.
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; but integrate them into your discussion):
- Compound inequality
For information regarding APA