Unit 1 Review Assignment
Please write in complete sentences. You should work on this assignment as you go through the assigned readings and chapters in your textbook. Avoid copying directly from the text. Your responses should be in your own words.
- If it is true that “the quest for leadership is first an inner quest to discover who you are,” then what does this mean for aspiring leaders?
- What is meant by this statement: “Leadership is an affair of the heart.”
- Based on the information you’ve learned from your reading assignment, are leaders born, or is leadership learned? Support your opinion using the textbook. You may also use outside sources.
- What are the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership? Briefly describe each practice.
- How did Kouzes and Posner originally develop their leadership model?
- What is meant by the phrase “Leadership is a relationship”?
- According to Kouzes and Posner’s research, what are the four characteristics that people most look for and admire in a leader or someone whose direction they would willingly follow? Briefly describe each characteristic.
- What is the First Law of Leadership? What does it mean for leaders and would-be leaders?
- What is meant by this statement? “Credibility is the foundation of leadership.”
- What does DWYSYWD, the Second Law of Leadership, mean? Why does it matter?