To prepare for this Application Assignment:
· Select a specific cardiovascular disorder, such as coronary artery disease,Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation, Atherosclerosis, Congestive Heart Failure, Acquired Valve Disease, or Pericarditis
· Conduct a literature review by finding at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles about the cardiovascular disorder you selected. Make sure you look for examples of case studies for this condition in order to gain insight into the structure and content of a case study.
· Research the condition by reviewing the animations and videos onhttp://realtimehealth.com/.
With this information in mind, write a 2- to 3-page case study about a hypothetical individual who has a cardviovascular system disorder. The case study should explain the disease process on a structural and functional level. Describe the critical factors that relate to the person’s condition, including:
· The type and severity of the disorder
· The person’s risk factors for developing the disorder (genetic, environmental, lifestyle, etc.)
· How he or she manages the condition, if at all
· The level of success derived from treatments and therapies
Also include the perspective of a family member or caregiver in your case study.
· How does the individual’s condition or disease affect the family member or caregiver?
· How does the family member or caregiver respond to the situation?
Assignments must follow APA guidelines. Please include in-text citations and reference page.