This essay is the second of three components of your final course project on workplace ethics.
Identify a professional association that oversees people engaged in your chosen vocation and locate the formal code of conduct statement by that association. (There are links to several possible choices in the resources list for this unit, but you are free to choose another if you like.) Your task this week is to summarize and connect the features of the code of ethics within the context of traditional ethical theory.
As you consider each feature of the professional code of ethics you have chosen, identify whether each of them depends, in principle, on the deontological approach, the consequentialist approach, or a virtue theory of ethics. Assess the advantages and disadvantages of each of these theoretical approaches in the context of workplace ethics. Where, in your professional code, might the use of another approach make significant differences?
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines for style and format.
- Number of resources: There are no minimum number of resources required; however, use your judgment to ensure your topic is thoroughly researched.
- Length of paper: 3–4 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 12 point.