The final version of your response essay is due this week.
Look over this Revision Checklist for Essays:
- Is your essay appropriate for your audience? Does it give them the background information they need? Will it interest them?
- Will your essay accomplish your purpose?
- Have you narrowed your topic so that you can cover your subject thoroughly in your essay?
- Have you clearly expressed your main point in a thesis statement in the introductory paragraph? Does your introductory paragraph capture the reader’s interest and lead into the body of the essay?
- Does each paragraph of your essay have a topic sentence that supports your main point?
- Have you supported each paragraph’s topic sentence with relevant and sufficient detail?
- Have you arranged your paragraphs in a logical sequence and connected them with transitional words and phrases?
- Is the tone of your essay appropriate for your purpose and audience?
- Does your conclusion reemphasize your thesis statement and draw the essay to a close?
- Does your title identify the topic and interest the reader?
- Have you proofread your paper and corrected any mechanical errors (grammar, spelling, punctuation, and so on)?
In the first discussion area this week, use this Revision Checklist to describe your writing process and talk about your classmates’ writing processes with them.
You are required to submit your next-to-last draft to the Smarthinking tutor and to get one last round of feedback and comments before you polish your paper and submit it for a grade. Please be sure to submit your ultimate draft to Smarthinking by Wednesday of this week. Retrieve your tutor’s comments and submit them with the ultimate draft of your paper this week.
Submit your lab to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page