Research in an automobile manufacturing plant. I will be examining work groups in determining safety factors that will enhance group productivity. The safety factor will be geared towards reducing accidents, and will be comprised of three factors: managers’ concern for safety; workers’ response to safety, and conflict between production and safety found within the plant. Safety factors will focus on how individuals perceive their immediate work environment, as well as improving safety policy and procedures, as these perceptions have a direct influence on safety outcomes. The purpose for this research is to examine the safety factors which will include attitudes of workers, supervisors and managers, and their relationship with unsafe behavior and accidents. Although working in a safe work environment, it does not prevent accidents from occurring on the job. Perceptions of the work environment had important effects as a significant predictor of both accidents and unsafe behavior. Safety interventions will be studied so the focus of how individuals perceive their immediate work environment, as well as improving safety policy and procedures will have the most direct influence on safety outcomes. The value of this study will offer new direction for researchers and advice for those who design safety interventions aimed at reducing accidents.
Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
1. Role conflicts within groups
2. Communication problems among group members
3. Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
4. Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight to ten-page paper, include the following:
1. Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
2. Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
3. Recommendations to resolve each problem
4. Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly sources.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.