Project for ACT450 is a research report that identifies and analyzes a company that has been indicted for fraud. The report also will evaluate the auditor’s role in relation to the fraud.
- To conduct your research, choose as a case study one of the companies listed below, or obtain approval from your instructor to use a public company not on the list.
- Just for FEET, Inc.
- This is the company I was assigned
Your report must describe the issues surrounding the company and any company policies in relationship to the impact those might have on public audits/accounting. Provide the following elements in your paper:
- An executive summary identifying the company, the fraud, the affected stakeholders, and the ultimate resolution.
- A brief history of the company.
- An analysis of the auditor’s role in the fraud, including any auditing standards that the auditors did not follow.
- Identification of internal controls that were circumvented or lacking and that could have prevented the fraud.
- Identify accounting policies currently in effect that are designed to prevent similar problems from occurring again, or, if no policy exists, propose a solution that would prevent a recurrence.
Your research report should be 8- to 12-pages long. Cite at least two sources other than the textbook. Please Note: You may not use Wikipedia as a source.
Your report must be formatted to CSU-Global APA requirements.