Prepare a ten to fifteen page paper that includes at least five different scholarly references. Your final paper must identify a current public policy issue/controversy in the news today that would benefit from a policy change and include the following components:
1. Comprehensively Describe and analyze the scope of the public policy concern. Be sure to address the following in your analysis.
- Who are the stakeholders and affected constituencies?
- What political institutions are relevant to the policy discussion about this issue?
- Is the public policy issue one that is faced by both the federal government and state governments?
- How much does the public policy issue cost Americans? How much would it cost to address the issue? If the costs are unknown, why are they unknown?
2. Comprehensively Discuss at least three proposed policies to address this issue.
3. Recommend a wholly feasible and realistic policy solution from those proposed. Be sure to address the following in your recommendation:
- Assess the administrative feasibility of the solution.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of the solution.
- Relate your recommendation back to the issues raised in the scope of the policy concern.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style