It is vital that you clearly identify your target customers within your marketing plan. Knowing your target customers will help you to:
- pinpoint where you should spend your advertising budget
- the type of campign you intend to run, and
- ensure that your marketing message speaks the customer’s language (based on their needs and wants, demographic, location, ethnicity, etc.).
Write a one to two (1-2) paragraph journal entry in which you:
- Analyze the business customers / clients that you wish to target. Your analysis should include, but not be limited to, their:
- demographic profile (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, etc.)
- psychographic profile (e.g., interests, routine, habits, etc.)
- profession (e.g., income, occupation, education)
- geographic location (e.g., country, region, city, rural, urban, climate)
- precise wants and needs as they relate to the products and / or services you offer.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Note: Insert the information from the completed Journal 2 entry into “Section 2: Targeting Customers” in the provided Marketing Plan Template (located in Week 1).