Dream Human Service Program
In this Learning Team assignment, you will create a dream human service program from Week Two to Week Three and present it in Week Five.
A substance abuse treatment center for all ages is the ideal human service organization that these assignments should be about. This is a two part assignment.
Part I: Discussion
Envision the ideal human service organization this Learning Team would like to create.
Discuss the following as a team:
- What population would this Team like to serve? The Team is not limited to one age group; some intergenerational programs serve both older adults and pre-school-age children.
- What needs in your diverse communities are currently unmet? How are cross-cultural needs and issues of diversity included?
- What does this Learning Team feel passionate about in terms of meeting a community need?
- What values do Learning Team Members share in common?
- What vision would Team Members like to see for their dream agency?
- What might be the overall mission?
- How will the general goals of operation entail?
- Address agency objectives using the SMART acronym found the “Specification of Objectives” section of Management of Human Service Programs.
- Include discussion on budget development and importance of resource acquisitions such as grants, contracts, and contributions.
Discuss the dream agency vision, mission, and value statements for strategic planning of dream human service organization as described in the “Strategic Planning” section in Ch. 3 of Management of Human Service Programs.
Include major goals and objectives for the Dream Human Service Organization that contribute to effective program service design and delivery.
Ensure objectives are clear and measureable through use of the SMART acronym described in Ch. 3 of Management of Human Service Programs.
Part II: Proposal
Write a 700- to 1,050-word (2 or 3 pages) proposal that identifies the following for your dream human service program:
- Values statements for strategic planning of dream human service organization
- Major goals and objectives using SMART
- Budget development and management processes
- Importance of resource acquisitions (grants, contracts, and contributions)
Submit the proposal in Week Three.
Part III: Presentation
Review all individually written papers for Weeks One through Five and Learning Team assignments for Weeks One through Four.
Discuss among Learning Team members highlights of different perspectives presented within each team member’s individual papers.
Address the key elements that best describe the Learning Team’s collaborative Dream Human Service Organization.
Agree on one united Dream Human Service Organization that includes a specific marginalized population, addresses issues of diversity, and includes a succinct mission, purpose, goals, and objectives that are clear and measureable.
Create a 30-minute Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation of 10 to 15 slides that uses role-playing to illustrate the application of the conceptual framework for human service management from Figure 1.1 in Ch. 1 of the textbook.
Incorporate the team’s Dream Human Service Agency and include the following elements:
- Six elements of human service management, including an explanation of how leadership influences each element to contribute to your agency’s success.
- A fictionalized community meeting that announces the opening of the Team’s Dream Agency: Ensure that, agency leaders, staff, potential clients, beneficiaries, other pertinent stakeholders are included in the empowerment approach that uses a systems perspective of management.
- Clearly describe the Learning Team’s Dream Human Service Organization. Ensure that the mission, purpose, goals, and objectives use the SMART strategies described in Ch. 3 of the textbook.
- A minimum of the following players:
- Program administrator(s)
- A staff member
- A prospective client
- A board member
Note. For ground classes, you may assign roles to audience members to ensure that roles are met and are representative of the community.
Submit the presentation in Week Five.