Discussions Questions Week 1
The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business: Law as a Foundation for Business
- How property laws have evolved to benefit both society and business.
- The hierarchy of the sources of law and the concept of stare decisis.
The Role of Ethics in Decision Making
- How the evolution of society and increasing economic interdependence has led to a strengthening of ethics in business.
- The differences between ethical and legal behavior, and how this can affect profit-oriented business organizations.
The Court System
- How our court system protects the rights of society and business.
- Which cases fall under the purview of the federal courts, and which cases should be heard by state courts.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The various types of alternative dispute resolutions and how they differ.
- he potential benefits to a business of alternative dispute resolution over litigation.