Chapter 1: The Modern Organization in the Global, Web-Based Environment
1. Which of the following is not a fact about IT careers?
2. Amazon’s _____ service combines processing power with networks of people who are paid to do the kind of work that machines cannot do well.
3. Amazon is using its IT infrastructure to deliver a variety of services for all of the following reasons except:
Chapter 2: Information Systems: Concepts and Management
4. The most important result of the Global Information Link 1 and Global Information Link 2 projects at
Chevron is which of the following?
5. Which of the following statements about information systems is not correct?
6. A collection of related files, tables, and so on that stores data and the associations among them is _____.
Chapter 3: Ethics, Privacy, and Information Security
7. Which of the following was not one of TJX’s responses to the security breach?
8. Various organizations that promote fair and responsible use of information systems often develop _____:
9. What is _____ is not necessarily _____.
Chapter 4: Data and Knowledge Management
10. What is the most significant benefit of Panasonic’s new data management system?
11. It is very difficult to manage data for which of the following reasons?
12. When customers access a Web site and make purchases, they generate _____:
Chapter 5: Network Computing
13. Fundamental points about network computing in organizations include all of the following except:
14. Networks enable which of the following applications?
15. Which of the following are advantages of computer networks?
Chapter 6: E-Business and E-Commerce
16. Cyberbanking offers all of the following advantages except:
17. With regard to travel services and the airlines, a problem that can arise is which of the following?
18. When Ford Motor Company decided to avoid direct online sales, the company was trying to eliminate which of the following?
Chapter 7: Wireless, Mobile Computing and Mobile Commerce
19. Problems in P&G’s distribution network included all of the following except:
20. Unfortunately, many managers consider smart phones as only _____, rather than as _____ that can transmit wirelessly.
21. Which type of satellite has the largest footprint?
Chapter 8: Organizational Information Systems
22. The Toyota Production System is which of the following?
23. The Toyota Production System has:
24. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a transaction processing system?
Chapter 9: Managerial Support Systems
25. Virtual reality systems
26. Which of the following is not a characteristic of natural intelligence?
27. Which of the following information systems are supported by graphics and provide exception reporting and drill down?
Chapter 10: Acquiring IT Applications
28. Zappos’ information systems provide all of the following functions except
29. Zappos’ return rate is _____ the return rate of typical retailers.
30. The information systems planning process proceeds in which order?
Technology Guide 1: Computer Hardware
1.What are the types of enterprise storage systems and their purpose?
2.Describe the factors to be considered for software selection.
3.Discuss the pros and cons of using credit cards or debit cards in an online environment.
4.Differentiate among local area networks, wide area networks, value-added networks.
31. If you are a dissident in China, you might use which of the following to communicate?
32. Consider this domain name, www.business.gsu.edu. The “edu” is the
33. _____ is a system with universally accepted standards for storing, retrieving, formatting, and displaying information via a client/server architecture.