Assignment 4 Exploring Online Training Opportunities
For this activity, you will explore how you can create online training opportunities for adults in your workplace.
1. Read The adult learner: The definitive classic in adult education and human resource development – Chapters 8-11.
2. Read Hughes, J. A. (2004). Foundations of educational theory for online learning.
3. Read the article, Williams, S. W., Watkins, K., Daley, B., Courtenay, B., Davis, M., & Damock, D. (2001). Facilitating cross-cultural online discussion groups: Implications for practice.
4. Use the Northcentral University Library and or other resources you may find helpful to research more detail regarding this week’s topic.
Main Task: Exploring Online Training Opportunities
For this task, you will explore needed training and/or professional development within your organization. Create a proposal to offer the needed training in an online format. Include the following in your proposal:
• Indicate the reason for the training/professional development
• Assess the meaning of adult education in this training context
• Include specific learning objectives, activities, and outcomes for the online training
• Be sure to include best practices for working with adult learners.
Length: 5-7 pages with 3-5 scholarly resources
Your essay should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect graduate-level writing and current APA standards. Review APA Form and Style.