Assignment 2: The Front Desk
Due Week 8 and worth 250 points
In a hotel, the front desk is considered the heart of hotel operations. Generally, all hotel guests have
some form of contact with the front desk whether they are booking a room, checking in / out, calling on
the phone, registering complaints, and / or requesting information. An effective and efficiently operated
front desk is very important to the financial success of a hotel.IMPORTANT NOTICE: WRITE MINUMUM 4 SENTENCES FOR EACH PARAPGRAPH. PROVIDE ORGINAL WORK. WRITE THEM ON YOUR OWN WORDS. GONNA USE TURNITIN TO CHECK PLAGARISIM. TYPE EACH QUESTION BEFORE ANSWER THEM
For this assignm
ent, you are going to conduct a research study on front desk operations and its impact on
the financial success of the hotel
Write 6 page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief history of how front desk operations have evolved over the last 25 years, including
how tasks have changed, evolved, and / or disappeared.
2. Provide a step-by-step approach for front desk agents in taking a hotel room reservation for a
guest. For each step, describe the actions required, necessary information collected, and the
purpose of collecting this information. Finally, document a hypothetical script for a front desk
agent to follow when taking a hotel room reservation for a guest (either over the phone or in
3. Discuss the importance of front desk agents providing excellent guest service for all hotel guests,
and how poor guest service can impact hotel operations and hotel profits.
4. Determine what roles play in the safety of their guests and the procedures the front desk should
follow in order to protect the hotel guests.
5. Determine the financial impact of front desk agents NOT effectively managing the billing and
guest folio process in a hotel. Provide two (2) detailed examples of mismanagement of billing and
guest folio process, and its impact on hotel finances.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as