ASSIGNMENT 08 S07 Abnormal Psychology Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double‐spaced pages; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page located at the beginning of this learning guide for specific format requirements.
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is among the most prevalent mental disorders worldwide, and is often a co-morbid factor complicating (or exacerbating) other psychological disorders. Please answer the following questions.
1. Describe the symptomology of AUD (per current DSM-V criteria) and distinguish it from ‘normal’ alcohol use.
2. Discuss the etiology of AUD from a biopsychosocial perspective.
3. Discuss two (2) treatment options for AUD.
4. In addition, identify two (2) long-term consequences of AUD.
5. Describe the impact maternal alcohol use has on a developing fetus.
Please refer to the rubric on the next page for the grading criteria for this assignment.