Analyze a Health Theory or Model
As a health professional, it is important to understand the theories and models that underlie your work. They can be indispensible in guiding your decisions and actions. In this Discussion, you will apply a health theory or model to the levels of influence in the social ecology of health model.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review the models and theories from Chapter 4 of the text and Part 2 of ” Theory at a Glance.”
· Review the social ecology of health model with its associated theories by completing the following exercise: http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/Walden/HLTH/2110/04/mm/hlth2110_seh_model_2.html
· Select one model or theory that you studied this week that coincides with one of the five hierarchical levels in the social ecology of health model.
· Reflect upon how the model or theory explains a health condition associated with the previously Healthy People assigned focus area
post a comprehensive response to the following:
· In your own words, describe one way that the chosen theory explains your Healthy People assigned focus area. Use terms from the model or theory in your explanation, and be sure to cite your sources appropriately.
· Now state the hierarchical level or levels (i.e., interpersonal, intrapersonal, organizational, community, and society) in the social ecology of health model that corresponds with your chosen theory. Please explain why it is related to the hierarchical level(s).
· Be sure to cite your supporting documentation appropriately in correct APA format.