Choose a topic on which to write the policy. This topic may address a needed change in technology, staffing, billing, diagnosis, etc. Using the services found in chapters 6-9 of the textbook, construct a policy using the seven steps of policy formation. Address the following:
1. Define the problem.
2. Assemble the evidence of the problem or need for a policy.
3. Construct alternative solutions to the problem.
4. Select the criteria for choosing the correct solution from the alternatives.
5. Predict the outcomes of the policy changes.
6. Confront the trade-offs of not having a policy or addressing the problem.
7. Decide on a recommendation.
In a 500-750-word essay, explain your policy’s intended use and evaluate the effect that your policy may have on patient care in America.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.