1. LO.1 A large part of tax research consists of determining what?
2. LO.1 Why do taxpayers often have more than one alternative for structuring a business transaction?
3. LO.1 To what date in 2012 did an average taxpayer have to work in order to pay his or her taxes for the year?
4. LO.1 Where does the Federal tax legislation generally originate?
5. LO.1 In which title and subtitle of the U.S. Code is the income tax portion of the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 found?
6. LO.2, 5 Butch Bishop operates a small international firm named Tile, Inc. A new treaty between the United States and Spain conflicts with a Section of the Internal Revenue
Code. Butch asks you for advice. If he follows the treaty position, does he need to disclose this on his tax return? If he is required to disclose, are there any penalties for failure to disclose? Prepare a letter in which you respond to Butch. Tile’s address is
100 International Drive, Tampa, FL 33620.