1. How long will it take you to fill a rush order?
2. How many orders can you fill in a night, assuming you are open four hours each night?
3. How much of your own and your roommate’s valuable time will it take to fill each order?
4. Because your baking trays can hold exactly one dozen cookies, you will produce and sell cookies by the dozen. Should you give any discount for people who order two dozen cookies, three dozen cookies, or more? If so, how much? Will it take you any longer to fill a two-dozen cookie order than one–dozen cookie order?
5. How many food processor and baking trays will you need?
6. Are there any changes you can make in your production plans that will allow you to make better cookies or more cookies in less time or at lower cost? For example, is there a bottleneck operation in your production process that you can expand cheaply? What is the effect, of adding another oven? How much would you be willing to pay to rent an additional oven?