Topic 1: Systems Analyst
Wow! We’ve already learned a lot about our new role as a System Analyst. It’s time to ensure that everyone is one the “same page” Let’s utilize this discussion thread to address the following questions:
1. What does a Systems Analyst do?
2. What skills are required for this very important role?
3. If we don’t have all the necessary skills, where might we go to acquire the ones we are missing?
4. Why is our new role important to the development of information systems?
Please keep in mind that Systems Analysts are required to provide quality work at all times! Quality posts are more than just a two or three sentence response. Invest some time to share what you’ve learned with your classmates. Your instructor can provide further clarification as to what is expected in a quality response.
|Topic 1: Who want to be a Computer Genius|
Go to the Course Technology “Learn It Online” web site, Chapter 3, click here and Play the game – Who Wants to Be a Computer Genius?” As you begin to experience this game, keep the following questions in mind:
- A major role of a Systems Analyst is to educate our partners; both technical and business. Is this game an effective tool to accomplish this goal?
In order to address that question we must understand about the different types of learners. As a response to this thread, investigate via the web to see what we can find. What are the different types of learning categories? What are effective tools we might use to successfully reach each of them?
Topic 2: Closing down the Planning Phase Points
We are now preparing to leave the Planning Phase which will allow us to move quickly into the Analysis Phase of the SDLC. As a response to this thread, please address the following:
1.What was the purpose of the Planning Phase?
2.What work did we accomplish in this phase?
3.What was this work used for or maybe a better question, what will it be used for?
4.What deliverables are we required to take forward into the next SDLC phase; the Analysis phase?