The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
An executive in your company has proposed a new information system that may provide a strategic impact on the business by gathering data on competitors’ customers.
Write 4–6 paragraphs that answer the following questions:
- What ethical problems could this system create?
- Does it matter whether the customers are individuals or businesses?
- Does it matter what type of information is being gathered? (i.e., purchase patterns versus contact information).
Suggestions for Responding to Peer Posts
- Compare and contrast your peer’s response with your own. What similarities or differences exist?
- What other ethical problems might the introduction of such an MIS system potentially present in a business competing in a different industry?