Task Type: Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 400–600 words + peer response
Points Possible: 40 Due Date: 9/21/2014 11:59:59 PM CT
Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Summative Discussion Board
Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write 400–600 words on the following:
- What were the most compelling topics learned in this course?
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?
- What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information?
- The main post should include at least 1 reference to research sources, and all sources should be cited using APA format.
Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 7–9 pages; 9–12 PowerPoint slides (excluding title and reference slides)
Points Possible: 250 Due Date: 9/22/2014 11:59:59 PM CT
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Last week, you submitted a paper of 4–5 pages and a PowerPoint presentation to explain the competitive ability of acquiring a surgical robot unit for your orthopedic center. Review the recommendations of your instructor and your peers, and make the appropriate changes to your work.
Write an additional 4–5 pages in response to the following:
- How do providers influence the decisions that patients make? What type of decisions do patients make as a natural consequence of the influence from providers and physicians?
- Consider the provider setting, treatment type, and method of reimbursement when formulating a response.
- How are insurance plans (including government payers) impacted by the decisions that patients and their doctors make?
- Consider supply and demand concepts when formulating a response.
- How are physicians and patients regulated by government?
- Describe how the regulatory environment will impact the health care economy when formulating a response.
Add 3–5 more slides to your presentation covering this additional information.