Congratulations. You have just been named marketing manager of a major franchise. Your job will be to perform the daily tasks of a marketing manager.
So what does a Marketing Manager do? As you know, marketing plays an essential role in almost every industry segment. In its simplest form, marketing management is about making certain that customers’ needs and wants are met while increasing the profits of a company. A marketing manager’s responsibilities can vary a great deal, but will always have this as a central purpose.
Click here to learn more about being a Marketing Manager.
Let’s get started.
Select one of the companies below for which you would like to be Marketing Manager.
Edible Arrangements® – Edible fruit baskets – Creates fresh fruit arrangements and gourmet chocolate dipped fruit to order.
Cartridge World® – Cartridge Company – carries a complete line of both inkjet and toner printer cartridges. Offers both remanufactured and Original Brand (OEM) ink and toner cartridges for nearly all brands of printers, copiers, fax and postage machines.
Liberty Tax Service® – Taxes – provides tax service to both consumers and businesses.
Your plan is to aggressively go after the consumer and business market creating dual revenue streams. Your marketing strategy, research marketing mix and customer relationship marketing will be different for both groups.
In this scenario, you will be responsible for the following:
Explain how marketing strategies influence marketing decisions. In addition you will be conducting the following tasks:
· Observing and analyzing market trends.
· Examining competitors’ products and services.
· Investigating ways of improving existing products and services, and increasing profitability.
· Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them.
There are two parts to this Assignment be sure to complete both parts.
Part 1: Write a brief paragraph that answers the following questions. (This should not be in Question/Answer Format).
1. Which company did you choose as your focus in this Marketing Management Assignment? Where are the company’s headquarters located?
2. What is the mission statement of the company you chose to study?
3. The previous marketing manager developed an advertising campaign before the marketing strategy. How could this advertising campaign potentially create problems for the product?
Part 2:You are making your first presentation to the CEO of the organization. Your goal is to complete thefollowing tasks for your consumer and business-to-business marketing strategy planning document:
? Using the SMART acronym, list several objectives you wish to accomplish.
? Discuss the customer targets (target market). Provide for the CEO a more specific description of which customers you (the marketing manager) want to persuade to buy the product or service.
? For each customer target the competitor targets must be identified. Which are the brands or companies that offer the most likely competition for that customer?
? What do you see as the value proposition? Summarize into a single paragraph.
o The customer.
o The competitive targets.
o The customer’s reason for buying your brand.
? The value proposition forms the basis for the marketing mix. Describe your marketing mix for your consumer market and business-to-business market.
? Discuss your competitive advantage – the strategic development of some basis on which customers will choose a firm’s product or service over its competitors’.
o Cost-based or price-based advantage
o Quality-based or differentiation advantage
o Perceived quality or brand-based advantage
? The Product Life Cycle (PLC) is defined for a product category (not a particular brand) and illustrates the sales history of the category over time. The strategic options available to the marketing manager vary over the life cycle, as does the importance of various marketing-mix elements. Although the PLC should not be followed religiously because category characteristics can vary widely, it is a useful conceptual tool. Where do you see your product on the PLC? What would be your strategy based on your response?
? Thinking of your consumer market, how can you get current customers of the product or service to buy
more? Do the same for your business-to-business product or service.
Provide a 3-5 page (APA formatted) marketing strategy plan paper with at least three supporting references that addresses this Assignment. You should include at least one illustration which can be included in the body of your paper or appendix.
· Write your original response in Standard American English, paying special attention to grammar, style, and mechanics.
· Respond to the Assignment criteria in a thorough manner, by addressing the specific objectives listed in the grading rubric.
· Ensure that your viewpoint and purpose are clearly stated.
· Demonstrate logical and appropriate transitions from one idea to another.
· Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
NOTE: Your paper should be in APA format and cite all references used.
Submit to the Unit 1: Assignment Dropbox.