You are newly hired on the Help Desk. You are asked to troubleshoot the following user problem.
When answering the 12 numeric questions below. Take into account the three questions listed below in bullet points when answering the questions. You may work in teams of 3 studnets to complete this activity.
- What questions would ask the user to clarify the problem?
- What are the potential errors that can cause this problem?
- How would you propose to resolve?
You are to report this information to the supervisor before contacting the user:
- Improper shutdown with the blue screen of death, error message was something about the kernel?
- MS Excel hangs when trying to load a fairly large spreadsheet?
- Trying to open a .docx file sent by email and it will not open?
- Trying to run a program downloaded from the Internet and it says that a DLL is missing?
- The screen is blank when the machine starts, but the machine appears to be?
- The system will not start, beeps: 1 long and one short beep?
- A disk read error appears when the machine is started?
- The computer will not boot, and there is valuable data on the hard drive that the user needs to access quickly?
- How can the user safely dispose of the PC she has been using for work at her business?
- The PC is located in a dirty automobile dealership floor. What should you do to keep the physical computer working properly?
- The display on the monitor is poor, too small and difficult to read?
- System is unstable, hangs, freezes at odd times?