NOVEL: UNWIND BY NEAL SHUSTERMAN, WHAT IF YOUR PARENTS COULD UNWIND YOU?
The genre of this novel is science fiction. Please go to the link provided and read how to use analysis cards when working with science fiction. Keep in mind it is just one possibility for this genre. Science Fiction Learning Opportunity
For this novel activity, you will work to create digital storytelling related to the novel for module 6. Click this link for a detailed explanation of digital storytelling. Digital Storytelling Explained
Your digital story related to the novel for this module, must be at least 90 seconds long. Within the digital story, you should include: book title, book author, 3 quotes you felt important, appropriate music, at least 3 images that you feel relate to the novel, the theme of the novel, and how a teacher could use this novel in his/her classroom.
You will send the digital story to the assignment dropbox. Some of you may have a website where you can put this story, if so, send me the link directly to it. In the assignment dropbox, just write the link.
If you do not have a website that is fine. Just take note of the format of the digital stories from the example webpage. These formats are important. Be sure to read the ESSENTIALS section of the Create Digital Story website. The website also has useful links for you to use when creating your own digital story. Click on the link below to view the digital story I created for the novel Parallel Journeys, non-fiction novel set in World War II.
Turn in link, web address or whatever form you choose to submit this assignment to the appropriate dropbox. Be sure it works before you send it in.
Along with the link/address/etc. for the digital storytelling, you will complete the following as a reflection on the experience of creating a digital story. You will include it when you submit the digital story. They should be submitted together. Be sure you are clear, specific (with examples and details) for each of your responses. They should be at least 5 sentences are more.
1. Discuss your personal feelings while working with digital storytelling.
2. Discuss you professional feelings while working digital storytelling.
3. How does this experience with technology relate to previous experiences with technology you have had?
4. How did the digital storytelling assist you in the comprehension of the novel?
5. How did the digital storytelling affect your appreciation of the novel?
6. How well prepared do you feel to use various types of technological components in your own classroom?
7. How well has University prepared you feel to use various types of technological components in your own classroom?
8. Why or why not would you utilize digital storytelling in your own classroom?
9. What do you think aids in the comprehension of reading?
10. What do you think aids in the comprehension of adolescent literature?
11. What is your current view of adolescent literature?
PART 2 NR
After reading this novel, Unwind, do the following. These types of activities will be ones that are
appropriate for your classroom depending on your content area.
According to interactive theories of reading, readers who read the same book may come away
with different understandings due to prior experiences. In order to see how your classmates
understood the novel, you will post your thoughts, opinions, experiences with the novel. Be sure
to include specific examples, page numbers, etc. with your thoughts. These will be posted on the
discussion board with the title: Unwind. You must include specific information from the novel
for this activity. Providing examples, quotes, page numbers, and your reactions are considered
appropriate. You will be required to read and respond to at least TWO of your classmates’
postings in order to receive full credit. Post your thoughts on the discussion board.