As an advanced practice nurse, it is important to diagnose, treat, and evaluate patients who have chronic disease. A nurse must understand how pathology, treatment, regimens, and psycho-social issues affect patients and the care they receive. Disease management is more than just monitoring a medication or treatment; it is evaluating the disease process from the micro to macro level. As a nurse with an advanced degree, you will be expected to assess patients and individual and population responses to chronic illness.
For this assessment, you will investigate pathopharmacological issues related to a specific disease process. You may choose to investigate traumatic brain injury, depression, obesity, asthma, or heart disease. As part of this assessment, you will analyze the various impacts the disease process has on the patients, their families, and populations at a local, national, and international level.
1. Investigate one of the following disease processes: Obesity, depression, asthma, or heart disease.
2. Analyze with substantial details the pathophysiology of the disease process you selected in part 1.
3. Discuss in details the standard of practice for this selected disease process.
4. Discuss in details the evidence-based pharmacological treatments in your state(California), and how they affect managementof theisselected disease(from part 1)in your community (Los Angeles).
5. Discuss in details the clinical guidelines for assessment, diagnosis, and patient education forthisselected disease process(that you selected in part 1).
6. Provide appropriate comparison with details of the standard practice for managing this diseasewithin your community with state or national practices.
7. Discussin detailsof characteristics of and resources for a patient who manages this selected disease well(from part 1), including access to care, treatment options, life expectancy, and outcomes.
8. Analyze with substantial support the disparities between management of this selected disease on a national and international level.
9. Discuss in details four factors (e.g., financial resources, access to care, insured/uninsured, Medicare/Medicaid) that contribute to a patient being able to manage this selected disease
10. Explain in details of how a lack of the factors discussed in part 9 leads to an unmanaged disease process.
11. Describe in details of the characteristics of a patient with this selected disease that is unmanaged.
12. Analyze with substantial details of how this selected disease process affects patients, families, and populations in your community.
13. Discuss in details the financial costs associatedwith this selected disease process for patients, families, and populations from diagnosis to treatment.
14. Discuss in details of how you will promote best practices for managing this selected disease in your current healthcare organization.
15. Discuss in details three strategies you could use to implement best practices for managing this selected disease in your current healthcare organization.
16. Discuss in details an appropriate method to evaluate the implementation of each of the strategies from part 15.
Note: When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly.