FLEET PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
Select 3 questions from CHAPTER 5 below, and answer fully.
Select 2 questions from CHAPTER 6 below, and answer fully.
Please remember to identify the questions selected.
Q1. Importance of Aircraft Performance
- What key factors does aircraft performance include?
- Why is performance important to a fleet planner?
- What is the primary purpose of the study of aircraft performance?
Q2. Aircraft Weight build-up
- What are the 5 key components of the weight of an aircraft?
- Describe each component.
- Why does the fleet planner care about the aircraft weight?
Q3. Payload-Range Curve
- What is a payload-range curve and what is the significance to the fleet planner?
- Describe the means in which Crew Training can provide cost savings.
- Which of these areas do you believe creates the biggest impact on cost, and why?
Q4. Airfield Performance
- What is climb performance and what are the components?
- How does temperature and ambient conditions affect airfield performance?
- How are obstacles figured in the allowable takeoff determination?
Q5. Enroute Performance
- What are the primary components of the flight profile?
- Why is there a requirement for fuel reserves and how does this impact the take-off weight?
- How do the prevailing winds affect enroute performance?
- Define and describe ETOPS
Q1. Importance of Aircraft Economics
- Why are aircraft economics so important to a fleet planner?
Q2. Aircraft Cost Components
- What is the difference between Direct Operating Costs and Indirect operating Costs?
- Identify five DOC components and describe them.
- Identify two IOC components and describe them.
- What is the difference between fixed costs and variable costs? Provide an example of both, in the airline industry.
Q3. Cost and Revenue Measurement
- What is a Break-even Load Factor and how is it determined?
- What is a fan diagram and how does it impact the fleet planner?
Q4. Other Drivers of Aircraft Operating Economics
- What is the effect of Fleet Size on Economics?
- What is the impact of Alliances on Economics?
- What external factors impact aircraft economics? Describe.