I. According to many Baby Boomers, social networking (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) leaves much to be desired. This generation still touts the importance of face-to-face interaction, phone calls, and even the lost art of letter writing for human contact.
Nexters, on the other hand, tend to favor social network formats for the convenience and spontaneity they offer. This generation maintains that this type of communication has benefits that surpass the more “antiquated” means of staying in touch with others.
In a three page essay take one of the two positions presented above and develop an argument for it. Base your argument on specific points and reasons and provide evidence drawn from observation and experience.
NOTE: You CANNOT include information from outside sources in your paper.
There will be a ten point deduction from your essay grade if you do so.
• Write in third person point of view throughout your essay (no “I” or “you”)
• Begin your paper with some general observations or commentary regarding forms of communication
• Conclude your intro paragraph with a strong claim statement that indicates your position and include the qualifiers “should” or “must” in this statement
• Include a counterargument that addresses a merit of the opposing viewpoint
• Conclude with a paragraph that reinforces your argument while also leaving your reader with something to think about