Draft a response to each of the bulleted questions below. Each question must have its own response and have a minimum of 75 words.
- Discuss methods to reduce corruption and unethical policing procedures.
- In what ways does the police code of ethics clash with the values of the police subculture? Provide examples to support your response.
- Should officers be disciplined for receiving gratuities? Could accepting gratuities lead to more serious ethical violations? Explain your response.
- Evaluate the opinion that police departments enforce the law in a discriminatory manner. What evidence supports this opinion? What evidence contradicts this opinion?
- Do officers make a deliberate choice to engage in unethical behavior?
- Can training influence an officer’s decision-making process? Explain your response.
- Does the organization responsible for licensure in your state post ethical violations on their website? If so, do you agree with this practice? If not, do you think they should?
- Are programs such as vehicle bait, burglary bait, or sexual predator bait programs ethical? Why or why not?