“Customer Service – Zappos” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, analyze the role that customer service plays and determine the service management skills at Zappos. Evaluate the different way(s) that Zappos creates a superior customer service.
- Choose at least two OM activities in Exhibit 1.1 from Chapter 1 of the text. Evaluate how each of the activities impacts the management of goods and services that Zappos provides. Include one to two examples from each activity to support your position.
week 1 diss 2″Value Chains” Please respond to the following:
- Choose an example of a global value chain and an example of domestic value chain. Compare and contrast the key challenges that the managers would face. Then, propose the ways to confront these challenges.
- Utilizing the Exhibit 2.4 from Chapter 2 of the text, evaluate how each value chain you chose from Part 1 of this discussion can be described from a pre- and post-production service perspective. Provide at least two examples for each perspective.
week 2 diss 2
“Models of Organizational Performance” Please respond to the following:
- Choose two models of organizational performance and compare and contrast them by evaluating their differences and similarities.
- From the first e-Activity, suggest ways performance measurements might be used by a company or an organization to evaluate its customer satisfaction.
- From the second e-Activity, provide at least two examples of quality indicators that the company may opt to measure and defend its cause-and-effect linkage between the key measures of performance.
wek 2 diss 2
Operations Strategy” Please respond to the following:
- Choose two service companies that you are familiar with such as Facebook, eBay, and UPS, and apply them to Hill’s Strategy Development Framework. Note: Refer to Chapter 4 of the text for information on Hill’s Strategy Development Framework.
- For each company you chose in Part 1 of this discussion, compare and contrast each sector of the framework and determine which key area(s) provides a competitive advantage. Provide at least two examples to support your position.
- “Business Analytics” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the role of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Determine how each system can play a critical role in managing value chains.
- Provide an example from an industry where analytics is used today either through ERP or through CRM, and determine the ways this technology has helped to deliver quality to the customer.
- Assess the challenges that companies might face when trying to implement these types of technologies.
week 3 diss 2
RFID Technology” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, evaluate the use and applicability of Radio Frequency Identification Devises (RFID) in industry today. Choose a company and provide at least two examples of how these devices can be used to improve productivity in its operations.
- From the case study, assess the benefits and risks associated with this type of technology that should be considered by Mr. Bracket. Identify at least two possible risks that the company might face and suggest ways to mitigate them.
week 4 diss 1
“Goods and Service Design” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, examine some of the steps that are involved in designing goods and services. Select two services or two products that are currently on the market. Use Exhibit 6.1 from Chapter 6 of the text to compare and contrast each step, and determine the similarities and areas where they differ.
- From the e-Activity, suggest at least two changes to specific areas of the process design phase that may lead to improvement in operations. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.\
week 4 diss 2
“Service Positioning versus Product Process” Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast the service positioning matrix and the product process matrix in terms of their differences and similarities.
- Provide at least one example currently used in business for each of the matrixes and evaluate their benefits and limitations within the industry you chose.
- Evaluate how each matrix is unique in the way it addresses the needs of the customer.
week 5 diss 2
“Evaluating Supply Chain Performance” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, choose a company that sells a service or a product. Evaluate its supply chain performance effectiveness in terms of responsiveness, technology, and customer-related measures.
- Determine at least three areas of effectiveness and three areas of deficiencies that can impact the competitive position of the company you chose in Part 1 of this discussion. Suggest ways the deficiencies can be improved. Provide at least two examples to support your answer.
week 6 diss 1
- “David Christopher and Orthopedic Surgeon” Please respond to the following:
- From the first case study, evaluate the medical practice and suggest at least two options (not discussed in the case) to maximize patient throughput and revenues without compromising the quality of medical care. Support your suggestion.
- Speculate how you would apply the theory of constraints to this medical practice. Explain your position and support your answer.
week 6 diss 2
“BankUSA” Please respond to the following:
- From the second case study, determine the challenges faced by the Help Desk at BankUSA and suggest strategies to mitigate them.
- Using the data on call volume in the case, select a forecasting model to forecast the short-term demand. Justify why this model was selected over other forecasting models. Support your position.
“Resource Management” Please respond to the following:
- Select a goods-producing organization and a service-providing organization of your choice. Suggest ways each organization can make aggregate planning decisions using the variables described in Exhibit 13.3 (Chapter 13).
- Compare and contrast the operational and managerial impacts of the aggregate planning decisions in terms of customer satisfaction.
“Balloons Aloha” Please respond to the following:
- From the case study, suggest short-term recommendations for the set of six jobs at the company. Support your recommendations.
- From the case study, evaluate the efficiency of Balloons Aloha’s sequencing system. Provide long-term recommendations with respect to sequencing jobs at the company. Support your recommendations.
“Cost of Quality” Please respond to the following:
· Select two fast food restaurants and evaluate them in terms of service quality. Suggest ways to improve the service quality.
· Evaluate the two fast-food restaurants you selected in Part 1 of this discussion in terms of the “Seven QC tools”. Determine the top three QC tools that tend to be most valuable to business owners. Explain your rationale.
“Quality Control Systems” Please respond to the following:
· Compare and contrast ISO900:2000 and Six Sigma in terms of their differences and similarities.
· From the e-Activity, select one organization that has achieved Six Sigma certification. Then, discuss the benefits and results that the organization has achieved as a result of following the quality standards inherent in Six Sigma certification. Explain how these standards help this organization pursue continuous improvement.
“Lean Operating Systems” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, examine at least three different types of waste that can be found in an organization of your choice. Suggest the lean strategies to confront them.
- From the second e-Activity, compare and contrast the lean service system found with Southwest Airlines to a full-service airline such as United Airlines, British Airways, and other large carriers in terms of cabin service, boarding process, baggage handling, and service encounters.
- Recommend ways for the airline carriers to improve their lean operation system in terms of speed and quality while reducing waste and costs. Explain your rationale.
“Project Management” Please respond to the following:
- From the third e-Activity, provide at least two examples of companies that have used project management techniques such as CPM or PERT. Evaluate their success in operations.
- Determine at least two factors that impact the quality of project management. Suggest ways these factors can be mitigated without affecting project operations.
Operations Management Applications” Please respond to the following:
· Evaluate different operations management principles and techniques that can make businesses more profitable today.
· Select one service company of your choice and discuss at least three operations management challenges the company is facing.
· Suggest ways to confront the challenges and provide suggestions that can untimely improve sustainability in its value chain.
“The Value Chain Concept” Please respond to the following:
· Describe a customer experience you have personally encountered where the goods or service or both were unsatisfactory (such as defective products, mistakes, poor service, and so on).
· Suggest ways for the organization to improve its goods / service. Determine the element(s) of operations management that must be reevaluated.