Outcomes addressed in this activity:
• Appraise a business scenario and recommend a course of action
• Measure the financial viability of a business case
• Demonstrate the thorough understanding of an I.T. scenario.
• IT460-3 Apply object-oriented modeling tools and techniques in designing
The Midterm is a structured problem-solving experience that allows you and each of
your teammates to demonstrate your current Systems Analyst skill set! There will be
two scores issued for the midterm; overall team score and your individual score based
on the overall team score and the feedback provided by your teammates with regards to
your level of participation.
Read the Midterm Assignment Case Study below, in which you will be applying the
methods and techniques used during the System Development Life Cycle.
The assignment will be completed in teams of students assigned by your professor.
Each team is responsible for completing the entire assignment.
• Students are expected to meet their team’s expectations for attending team
meetings, completing individual assignments, and contributing to the integration
of those assignments into a cohesive team submission.
• Each member of the team will submit an evaluation of their team members,
including themselves, based upon their participation on the team. The evaluations
will be averaged together to determine each student’s assignment participation
grade. Your instructor will give you more detail on the format of the evaluation.
Read the Willowbrook School case study, and then complete the following questions
regarding the case study.
1. In order to succeed as a Systems Analyst, you have to understand the purpose of
the organization that you support. Our work is focused on the needs of our
business partners. Given that your first deliverable is to draft a mission statement
for Willowbrook Schools. Please keep in mind that the focus of the Mission
Statement is on the business and not the I.T. assignment! Assignment Gra