Assignment 1: Social Media
Due Week 6 and worth 190 points
As the prevalence of social media continues to rise, consumers are recognizing ways in which social media can direct them to better sources for purchasing.
As a result, businesses are now jumping on the social media bandwagon at a rapid pace, embracing social networks to achieve their marketing and business goals.
Identify one (1) of the major social media outlets and write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss the four (4) components of a legally astute social media marketing manager who utilizes
social media outlets for consumer transactions and how each component can mitigate the risk
involved in doing business in cyberspace.
2. List and analyze methods of alternative dispute resolution and determine which would be most
effective in resolving genuine disputes that arise with consumers who may make purchases from
businesses that provide links via social media.
3. Since consumer transactions on social media can occur across state lines, determine how the
federal government can best control these transactions.
4. Examine the three (3) branches of government and discuss which can effectuate the most
significant impact on regulating consumer transactions via social media outlets. Support your
5. Explain whether or not the agency relationship exists on social media sites between the social
media provider and businesses that utilize the site for advertising. Support your answer.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.