Assignment 1: Binary Logistic Regression in SPSS
Earlier this week, you practiced fitting simple regression models and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using logistic regression.
- Review the datasets provided.
- Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
- Remember that your dependent variable must be dichotomous.
- Think about how you might use the odds ratio in your analysis to simplify the interpretation of your results.
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design(s) would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- How well did the model fit?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- What is the answer to your research question?
- What are the possible implications of social change?
The attached PDF’s are for these
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017j). Introduction to binary logistic regression [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017d). Binary logistic regression [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
NOTE please convert files to SPSS and give all output in that format
Note the output is required from SPSS; however, this site you are not able to click and get it or can I upload the dataset so I converted them to Excel and you can convert them back to SPSS to get the output only the Afrobarometer you can get online I put the link and if you are using that
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis.