All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
Fast Food Nutrition Presentation – Prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint® presentation using 10 to 15 PowerPoint® slides on the results of your fast food nutrition analyses
Address the following in your presentation:
Recorded micronutrient intake
o How does your recorded micronutrient intake compare with the recommendations of the dietary reference intake? (0.50 pts.)
o Which foods in your recorded daily intake provide specific micronutrients (vitamins and minerals)? Discuss the function of these micronutrients. (0.50 pts.)
o Was there an excess or lack of micronutrients from your fast-food intake? (0.50 pts.)
o What diseases are you at risk of developing from ingesting too many or too little micronutrients? (0.50 pts.)
o If your recorded micronutrients were too high or too low, which foods might you change to achieve your goal and keep other micronutrients in balance? (0.50 pts.)
· What modifications might you make to replace choices in your fast-food menu from the same eatery for a healthier alternative? (0.30 pts.) What makes it a healthier alternative? (0.25 pts.)
o What are some current nutritional issues, such as obesity or malnutrition, that might result from a fast-food diet? (0.25 pts.) What role does monosodium glutamate (MSG) play in this issue? (0.25 pts.)
o What is the role of water in promoting health? (0.25 pts.) What are some health issues a person can develop from chronic dehydration? (0.25 pts.)
· What is the long-term outlook for individuals on a fast-food diet in terms of longevity and quality of life? (0.25 pts.) Why are micronutrients necessary for longevity and quality of life? (0.25 pts.)
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and/or persuasive.
Major points are stated clearly and are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis.
· Presentation is 10 minutes in length. (0.025 pts.)
· Presentation utilizes 10 to 15 PowerPoint® slides appropriate for the speaker’s audience. (0.025 pts.)
Organization / Development
The presentation develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience. (0.025 pts.)
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points. (0.10 pts.)
The conclusion is logical and reviews the major points. (0.025 pts.)
Slide transitions are logical and maintain the flow throughout the presentation. (0.025 pts.)
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment. (0.025 pts.)
Citations of original works within the body of the presentation follow APA guidelines. At least 2 credible web sites are used. (0.025 pts.)
The presentation is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
· Presentation includes visual aids and utilizes elegant graphics. (0.10 pts.)
· Text is limited to reasonable number of lines. (0.025 pts.)
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed. (0.025 pts.)