The purpose of this assignment is to formulate the vision, mission, and culture of an organization.
You have been hired to be the Director of Golf at a new private country club. Part of your responsibility is developing the vision, mission, and culture of the club to ensure the needs of members are met and to attract high quality staff members. Key characteristics of club members include the following.
1) The average member age is 48.
2) Families with children between the ages of 8-18 account for 60% of club memberships.
3) The typical member intends to play three rounds of golf per month.
4) Average household income for club members is greater than $180,000.00 annually.
The facilities available to members include the following.
1) There is an 18-hole championship course and a 9-hole par-3 course.
2) There is a pro shop on site.
3) Valet service is available.
4) The club includes a fitness center that offers classes and personal training.
5) There is a large, competition size swimming and diving pool.
6) The club includes an upscale restaurant and lounge and offers poolside beverages, snacks and dining.
Consider the particulars of the type of club experience and community that would appeal to typical members. What are the foundational elements of the culture that can create the type of community members are seeking in this private country club experience?
Next, consider the factors that attract high quality staff members. What are the foundational elements of culture that create the work environment these types of employees are seeking?
Finally, consider your personal leadership style and characteristics. As the leader of the property, what is your vision? What commonalities can you build upon to ensure that the vision, mission, and culture you establish meet the needs of all stakeholders?
Construct the mission statement for the property. Then describe the following in 250-500 words:
1) Discuss your vision for the organization and explain why you think this vision will appeal to both members and employees.
2) Discuss the culture you want to create for the organization and explain why you think this will appeal to both members and employees.
3) Discuss your personal leadership style, and explain how the vision, mission, and culture you have articulated will help you lead and manage strategically.
APA format and solid academic writing is expected.